In today’s world, “data is the new oil.” As such, anything related is receiving huge positive responses and outreach globally. Among these, data science has become unparalleled when compared to similar aspects of its field.
Because of that, various job openings and opportunities have opened for scientists, analysts, Business Intelligence (BI) analysts and developers, analytics managers, statisticians, etc. Other such professions include architect, infrastructure architect, machine learning engineering, applications architect, machine learning scientist, and enterprise architect.
Prerequisites for taking a Data Science Course:
Although it is possible for anyone to take a specialization or certification data science course, you must fulfill specific requirements to ensure the comprehension and smooth uptake of the subject.
Therefore, a few rudimentary prerequisites include:
- Probability analysis and computation
- Descriptive and inferential statistics
- Linear algebra, calculus, discrete mathematics and optimization, and theoretical aspects of mathematics for machine learning
- Programming aptitude and moderate expertise in data calculation and analytics, including Excel, Python, Database Query Language (SQL and NoSQL), Big Data Technologies, R Programming, Tableau, etc.
Skills Acquired Through the Courses:
It aids in the formulation of various algorithms and software to facilitate the companies, industries, and businesses for efficiently analyzing their data. Therefore, these courses focus on the facets that would help them perform the required job.
The hard skills acquired through the various courses are:
- Regression analysis
- Machine learning
- Data analysis and cleansing
- Regular expression
- Cluster analysis
- Data wrangling
- R programming
- Data debugging
- Data manipulation
These courses also offer a set of soft skills. A few of them are:
- Work ethics
- Logical reasoning
- Taking initiative
- Time management
- Problem-solving attitude and ability
- Stress management
- Increased dexterity
- Critical thinking
- Interpersonal skills
Benefits of Having a Job Related to Data Science:
Because of the expansive outreach and popularity in the global information market, job offers and profits associated with these professions have skyrocketed. Any person who has completed a certification or specialization course is eligible for these advantages.
As such, a few of those innumerable benefits include:
- Versatility: Data science is an extensive field with flexible and multi-purpose applications. Utilized in several sectors, including E-commerce, banking, healthcare, finance, transportation, consultancy services, etc., it offers an assorted list of jobs.
- An abundance of positions: As proven by its versatility, it is in no way a small field. It provides ample job opportunities with distinct scopes of their own to individuals, using its expansive reach and applications.
- Demand: On account of its popular and trendy nature, numerous companies, businesses, and industries seek scientists and data science-related professionals to work with them. It leads to an explosion in job demand.
- Income: All jobs associated with data science are reputed, well-paid, and with added incentives. According to Glassdoor, a data scientist can earn approximately $166 thousand in the United States. In India, their income can be in lakhs of Rupees. This fact alone makes them exceedingly lucrative and worthwhile professions.
- Secure Career: Data science jobs are highly safe and steady to pursue. It encompasses a very routine job that offers substantial benefits. Additionally, there are hardly any to no sudden labor strife or layoffs associated with it.